Ruby on Rails in India

by on April 24, 2007

I have been asked time and again about companies in India working on Ruby on Rails. Here’s a partial list of companies (in alphabetical order) that do so.

1. 360 Degree Interactive, Chennai
  25. Thoughtworks, Pune
  26. UrbanEye, Mumbai
  27. Uzanto, New Delhi
  28. V2 Solutions, Mumbai
  29. Viamentis Technologies, Chennai
  30. Vinsol, New Delhi
  31. WarmlyYours, Hyderabad – Christian Billen is the Chief Information Officer, IT Department.
  32. Zestadz, Chennai

Please be aware that there are many companies in India claiming to be working on ROR; be doubly sure!

Look up some India timeshares if you plan on visiting. Timeshares can be a great way to stay in a foreign land and India timeshares are no exception.

Also please feel free to comment and suggest other Indian companies working on ROR (with their URLs), that you may have come across.

Update:

• In response to Fabio Akita’s comment, it is my opinion that most companies are still in the experimentation stage and / or executing small ROR based projects.
  • Thanks to Ajay Kumar for some more company names.

Technorati Tags: ,

AkitaOnRails April 24, 2007 at 10:12 am

Wow, I am amazed to see this list. I am from Brazil and I wish I had 1/10th of this list. I am most amazed to see names as Accenture or Satyam. Not as surprised to see Thoughworks. But what is going on? Are they assembling entire hundreds-of-people-software-factories or is this still experimentation and small stuff? I am eager to know the details.

Ajay April 24, 2007 at 10:34 am

I remember few other companies working on rails

Patni Computers, Hyderabad, http://www.patni.com/
Goldstone Technologies, Hyderabad, http://www.goldstonetech.com
V2 Solutions, Mumbai, http://www.v2solutions.com
Slideshare, Delhi, http://www.slideshare.net/

Thanks,
Ajay

Karabi April 24, 2007 at 6:27 pm

Based on Ruby on Rails concept, we have created The Brainwave Platform. We have launched ourselves very recently. So I cannot share any client list now. But one thing I am sure of is that ROR is still on an experiemntal stage with some major companies, and it has to be so. But it surely is an amaging framework with really good ecology partners.

I hope our product to gets your attention and may I expect a feedback on our product from all of you. Thanks

Asghar April 28, 2007 at 3:32 am

My company is based in chennai, working on Zestadz, a project totally developed with Ruby on Rails. We are still in the construction phase and expect a beta release in May 2007. Keeping our fingers cross.

Ciao
Asghar

Tuhin May 3, 2007 at 2:14 pm

hi,
fine post.
My company is based in Dhaka,Bangladesh working on RoR.
Can I discuss with some company about projects sharing on ROR.

Tuhin

vasanth April 7, 2010 at 12:39 pm

Hi Tuhin if you have any project to be shared and worked contact us.

Vasanth

Karabi May 4, 2007 at 9:43 am

Hey Tuhin,

I will check out your site, although we are not exactly working on ROR but on Python and have developed a complete rapid application development platform with an in- built patent pending Neural database – the fact that most application development frameworks requires the developers to do is to integrate the framework with RDBMS. But in our case we ask the developers to code simply and don’t worry about database integration / data modelling. You may please check out our site http://www.brainwavelive.com and download our SDK.

And to all of you in this blog I am happy to share with you the name of our first client Satyam, who has evaluated our product and we agreed to develop a project on our technology. It is good that application development framework like ROR and The Brainwave Platform are getting attention of the industry cause really they do have some amazing tools to solve certain issues faced typically by the software developers.

Thanks
Karabi

Sumanth September 4, 2007 at 3:57 pm

One more company I would like to see in the list is:
compassites

Vandana September 10, 2007 at 3:11 pm

That’s a good information about companies working on ROR.
But, at the top its mentioned that its partial list.
I would appreciate, if we can know about some more companies on ROR or a full list.

Thanks,
Vandana.

Roshan Shah October 24, 2007 at 7:06 pm

BPO Canada is also into Rails Development.

root123 November 3, 2007 at 1:36 pm

A worthy collection indeed…. will definitely add to the list if come across any.

Mukesh Yadav November 24, 2007 at 7:14 pm

hi,

i have offer from two companies one working in RoR and other one in .NET, they are appointing me as a CSS/XHTML programmer my expertise in table less site, which one is good RoR or .NET

Aditya Sanghi February 8, 2008 at 6:38 pm

Hi Satish,

Rising Sun Technologies is based in Jaipur, Rajasthan and we are solely doing RubyOnRails development here. We have a team of about 10 developers and are working on 2 projects for SMEs and NonProfits. We also conduct basic Web 2.0 related training for people who are curious to know more about Web Development. We don’t claim to be RubyOnRails masters or experts or anything like that but aren’t n00bs exactly either. Have long term plans based on Ruby and RubyOnRails. Hopefully at some stage we’ll get recommended too!

Cheers,
Aditya

pradheep February 12, 2008 at 4:56 pm

whether tcs is working on ruby on rails plz tell

Ruby February 21, 2008 at 11:36 pm

I think the this list too Old. Now there are Many companies working with ruby on rails in India.

Please Update the List that would be helpful for us.

Cheers!!

Raveendran March 10, 2008 at 3:38 pm

Hi All,

Big sound from RailsFactory… Ya we did lot of projects in ROR. We are developing only ROR projects past 2 years… Kindly Update the list and discuss via forums or any,whether it is fully correct or not… Because we are leading ROR profeesionals here..

Regards,
P.Raveendran

Naren April 21, 2008 at 5:31 pm

Hello,

I’ve a requirement for Ruby on rails candidate with 1+. total experience should be 2+on (java, .net).. location of job is mysore for contract 3 to 6 months which can be extendable.

Please refer your friends.joining date should be may first week.

Thanks
Naren
JNET Technologies Pvt Ltd.
ndevarapalli@jnettechnologies.com
+91-40-2331 6932
+91-99660 22242

Sulimak August 26, 2008 at 1:01 am

Hello, I’m looking for India-based freelancer/company to do interesting RoR/Red5 project.

For more details: sulimak@gmail.com

Best regards

PavanM August 27, 2008 at 10:48 pm

Hi All,
Thank you so much for adding my company (Goldstone) into the list.
Please feel free to contact us any time for any opportunites,
Email: Pavan at Goldstonetech.com or PavanMadiraja at Yahoo.com

Thanking you in advance,
Pavan

Pankaj Prasun September 17, 2008 at 11:56 am

Our Company “Srishti Software Applications Pvt. Ltd.” is also working on Ruby On Rails.And our all product is now ruby on rails only.We are grate leader in Healthcare , CMS and Knowledge Management sector.

Amit October 22, 2008 at 2:38 pm

Hi All,

Good to know about these things.. we did lot of projects in ROR. We are developing only ROR projects past 1 years… . We follow Agile development technologies , located in Pune, Maharashtra and we make totally RESTFUL applications.
You can mail at info at pragtech.co.in
.Kindly Update the list……. Because we have ROR professionals team here..

K. Helal October 30, 2008 at 4:08 pm

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but we’re desperately looking for RoR gurus to join our growing team of developers to work on our online tender application. If you eat, breath and sleep Rails, then we’re very much interested.

vasanth April 7, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Hi Helal , Our company http://way2smile.com/ is working on Ruby on rails for 3 years located in chennai. Just now saw your post in this blog.We have pretty good experience in RoR created a real estate portal http://way2rental.com/ if your interested you may contact us. Thank You- Vasanth

Jaycee January 14, 2009 at 10:54 am

Hello Readers,

We have requirements for full-time basis ROR developers with 2+ years of experience. The job location is Pune, and skillsets required are:

Mandatory: Ruby on Rails, XML and Web Services, SQL Server/Oracle.
Optional: eCommerce, EDI knowledge, UML\Visio, VSS.
Qualification – Post Graduates in Science/ B.E./ B.Tech/ MCM/ MCA/ MCS with excellent academic records.

For more information please check… Ruby on Rails job openings

SoftMind January 14, 2009 at 1:01 pm

SoftMind Technology is also in to Rails | Merb development.

Currently our site is under renovation. Pl. add our name to your list.

Thanks

Ujjwal Trivedi March 2, 2009 at 12:12 am

I’d like to add XORIANT SOLUTIONS, Mumbai

Gaurav Soni April 19, 2009 at 2:09 am

Our company Neev Technologies Private Lmt is working on Ruby on Rails since last 3 year and doing good in the area. Please add it in your list.
Thanks

anjana Patel May 25, 2009 at 10:18 am

Primetech Software aims to contribute its various IT integrated services such as Software Development, Website solution,Application Development,Web Hosting,Website Designing,E-commerce Solution,Search Engine Optimization(SEO),Business Solutions,IT Consultancy,Customized Software Solution from Mumbai,ERP Solutions from India etc

Upender July 23, 2009 at 5:32 pm

Our Company “Indigenius Solution.”(Hyderabad) is also working on Ruby On Rails.

jobs August 16, 2009 at 10:23 pm

Apply at jobs@ibloomtech.com

iBloom Technologies is an early stage startup founded with the objective of blooming several futuristic technology ideas. We are proud to have been invited for incubating our first idea development at IIM-Ahmedabad. We formally incubated the company as part of IIM-A’s Center for Innovation Incubation and Entrepreneurship

We are soon launching a global platform that is aimed at converging web 2.0 and unified communication technologies to present a unique social concept to professionals, academia and world’s elite population. We are funded by an early stage VC company, which is run by some of Silicon Valley’s most successful entrepreneur’s network. We are founded by brilliant and highly accomplished professionals, who in the past worked for global technology giants such as Microsoft and Infosys.

As part of our fast-track development plans, we are looking at hiring a couple of really smart & kick-ass Developers/Sr.Developers/Architects with strong exposure to any or some of the following technologies:
* Ruby
* Rails, Merb, Sinatra
* AJAX
* MySQL
* XHTML
* JavaScript
* Any open source based unified communication technology API/stack
* Linux as the OS

We present a great opportunity for you to be part of a very promising startup that anybody could dream of. We offer a compensation package that is ‘stock heavy’ and ‘pay lite’ initially for about 4-6 months.

Location: Hyderabad/ Bangalore

Apply at jobs@ibloomtech.com

Jony August 25, 2009 at 11:35 pm

Hi Satish,

Unitech Labs is also working on ruby on rails.

Cheers,
Unitech labs

Ashok ING September 29, 2009 at 12:05 pm

Intelegencia offers Ruby on Rails web development services. Our dedicated RoR developers can create web 2.0 applications using latest Ruby on Rails web services.

lakshmanan December 12, 2009 at 8:43 am

I like ruby on rails. I have been working with java too. But I like ruby on rails more than java web development. My main concern is whether I will get a job if i equip myself with ruby on rails skills.

praveen February 22, 2010 at 6:01 pm

IS THERE ANY INSTITUTE OT TRAINER WHO TEACHES RUBY ON RAILS ONLINE

Ramakrishna March 31, 2010 at 1:29 pm

(Ruby on Rails Training Online) Yes I know a trainer who teaches online.

I have taken online training from him , on completion of the sessions,
he has provided me interview questions, I got the job in the first interview itself ,amazing guy .He is a good teacher.

I have his email address : shiva.hemanth@gmail.com

Thanks
Rama

Daniel March 27, 2010 at 3:48 pm

RailsFactory is a great team…RoR consulting and development is their forte….

vasanth April 7, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Our company http://way2smile.com/ is working on Ruby on rails for 3 years located in chennai Kindly include us in the list.

M.Kumaran April 8, 2010 at 1:13 pm

The chennai based company Railsfactory is working on Ruby on Rails.

Include the company name in the list.

with regards
M.Kumaran

S.Surendran April 13, 2010 at 9:41 am

Good collection.
Could you please add Spritle Software, Chennai to the list. http:/www.spritle.com
Thank you.

Sameer April 13, 2010 at 10:13 am

Ruby on Rails training company in Hyderabad. http://www.heresy.in/training.html . They provide placements for the best students in a batch.

judea April 22, 2010 at 12:27 pm

Is Ruby on Rails used at Infosys?

Meghana IT Solutions April 23, 2010 at 4:10 pm

Ruby on rails Training India Hyderabad
We can provide an affordable training and placement .
Contact
Murali
9676732626

Ashish Jain May 17, 2010 at 12:59 pm

I need couple of ROR developers/freelancer for few months on contract who can work on IronRuby also.

Please drop me mail at info@anktech.co.in or call me 09166 859 750.

Thanks

Vinod July 9, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Hi ,

I passionate ruby learner , i want to learn Ruby on Rail now, Can you guys please suggest some good institution in Bangalore.

thanks
Vinod

Pooja July 20, 2010 at 5:31 pm

We need 2 ruby on rail contractors.interns for 2 months. Please reach us at pooja.gupta@purplebits.com or 09823997279

hariharan September 7, 2010 at 7:53 pm

I would like to take up training on Ruby on Rails. Please suggest any training offered in Bangalore. You can reach me at chandra.haran@gmail.com.

Sameer September 7, 2010 at 11:56 pm

We are working with ruby on rails.

Cheers,
Sameer

Nikhil Ghorpade September 27, 2010 at 12:11 pm

Hello,

I have been searching for institutes where I can learn ROR programming and get a certification, can anybody help me which institute should be best for it and where it is?

Nikhil
nikhil@visionaire-us.com

Amit Kumar September 28, 2010 at 7:02 pm

We are working in Ruby On Rails since last 3 years. We Provide Rails Training also.

23 Impressions December 22, 2010 at 6:52 pm

23 Impressions , they are working in ROR since many years now in Delhi and Chandigarh .

do visit http://www.23impressions.com for more or mail us at contact@23impressions.com

Shailaja Satish December 28, 2010 at 11:32 am

We are constantly looking for good RoR developers. Our company has a branch in Mysore. Can anyone advise me on how to reach the recruiters who specialize in RoR candidates, or how I can reach RoR candidates most effectively?

D Banerji December 30, 2010 at 10:34 am

Hey we got great ROR candidates for our startup in Pune using services from bunchedin , http://www.bunchedin.com , you can drop an email at contact@bunchedin.com .

What I liked about them was they had great plans , the one which we used was the prepaid plan wherein we paid them some amount and can hire as many as we want . Also as they themselves do the filtering by interviewing the candidates at there end it saves a lot of effort for us .

Mail me at dibyabanerji [at] gmail.com if you need more feedback .

ashish February 10, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Can you tell me any Ruby on Rails institutes in India.