In August 2006, I conducted some Free Ruby Lessons on the net. Peter Cooper the author of Beginning Ruby wrote a small note on his popular Ruby Inside blog and over 100+ would-be Ruby developers registered and learned Ruby along with me. These lessons culminated into my RubyLearning site and my Ruby Study Notes eBook.
Even today, I keep getting a lot of emails to re-start these lessons, and to encourage you all, I have decided to do so.
Here’s the plan:
- The Free Ruby Lessons are open to anyone who wants to get involved.
- First, you need to register yourself on the RubyLearning Forum. If you are already a member of the forum, you don’t need to register again.
- I shall be covering Core Ruby as outlined by this Ruby syllabus.
- I start the Free Ruby Lessons from Monday, 27th August 2007 IST.
- You can join the classes and start anytime you want.
- Depending on my time availability, every third or fourth day I shall tell you to read, explore, try out the problems on the topics that I will outline to you on the forum.
- You should post your questions, queries related to those topics on the forum itself, where anyone is free to answer.
- Finally, I will assume that you know some programming language and the focus of the lessons would be more towards application programming.
I have found that if one learns a programming language along with a group and with set targets every day; one learns faster.
In case you have any queries or questions about this blog post, kindly post them as comments here.
Also, please pass on this message to all those interested in learning Ruby programming.
Come on, Join the Free Ruby Lessons.
5th Sept. at 8.00 hrs – Over 365+ would-be Ruby developers are under-going the course.
25th Aug. at 11 hrs – My sincere thanks to the following for writing about this event and making it popular.