Introduction to Merb Course
RL offers online Ruby programming courses. Since 2005, over 5700 participants spread across 140+ countries have learned Ruby and other Ruby related timely topics. This has been possible due to the extensive support provided by the patrons, mentors and assistant teachers of these courses. RL strives hard to improve the methodology and course content based on the extensive and positive feedback we receive. Thanks to YOU, the Ruby community, people like Fabio Akita and companies like Locaweb who make this possible. Our Alumni are our best ambassadors.
You kept asking for it and so here it is – the new introductory, intensive, online course that helps you get started with Merb.
Merb – Ruby web framework for the enterprise
Merb is a Model View Controller (MVC) framework written in Ruby and used for building fast, scalable database-driven web applications.
What Will I Learn?
- Merb Installation
- SQLite Installation
- Installing database driver allowing DataMapper to connect to SQLite
- Mongrel Installation
- Interactive Merb
- Using Erubis
- Developing a simple app
- Callable tasks
- Generating a Controller
- Generating a Model
- Setting Relationships
- A Mini-project
You can read through the RubyLearning FAQ.
Whoâ€™s It For?
Programmers with some background in Core Ruby and object-oriented concepts.
Early Bird Registration Discounts
- For the first 25 registrations, Course Fee: US$ 6 per participant
- For the next 15 registrations, Course Fee US$ 7 per participant
- After the first 40 registrations, Course Fee US$ 8 per participant until midnight of 31st Dec. 2008
- After that, Course Fee US$ 10 per participant
The course fee goes towards maintaining RubyLearning and helps provide quality content to you.
So hurry, registrations have started.
With the Merb and Rails merger announced on 23rd Dec. 2008, this makes this training basically the first training focusing on the future features of Rails 3, and a great way to get ahead of the game.
- Note: Matt gave a list of things people might be interested in learning. Matt is not endorsing or approving the course. ↩