Introduction to Merb Course
After the run-away success of the “Introduction to Merb” course at RL, we are pleased to announce the 3rd batch from 28th March 2009.
Merb – Ruby web framework for the enterprise
Merb is a Model View Controller (MVC) framework written in Ruby and used for building fast, scalable database-driven web applications.
What Will I Learn?
- Merb Installation
- SQLite Installation
- Installing database driver allowing DataMapper to connect to SQLite
- Mongrel Installation
- Interactive Merb
- Using Erubis
- Developing a simple app
- Callable tasks
- Generating a Controller
- Generating a Model
- Setting Relationships
- A Mini-project
You can read through the RubyLearning FAQ.
Whoâ€™s It For?
Programmers with some background in Core Ruby and object-oriented concepts.
Early Bird Registration Discounts
- For the first 25 registrations, Course Fee: US$ 6 per participant.
- For the next 25 registrations, Course Fee US$ 8 per participant.
- After the first 50 registrations, Course Fee US$ 10 per participant.
The course fee goes towards maintaining RubyLearning and helps provide quality content to you.
So hurry, registrations have started.
With the Merb and Rails merger announced on 23rd Dec. 2008, this makes this training basically the first online training focusing on the future features of Rails 3, and a great way to get ahead of the game.
- Note: Matt gave a list of things people might be interested in learning. Matt is not endorsing or approving the course. ↩