A Revamped Ruby with Shoes Course
RL offers online courses in Ruby programming, Git & GitHub, FXRuby, Shoes, Twitter & Ruby, JRuby, Sinatra and Merb. So far, these courses have had over 8000 participants spread across 140+ countries. This has been possible due to the extensive support provided by the patrons, mentors and assistant teachers of these courses. RL strives hard to improve the methodology and course content based on the extensive and critical feedback we receive. Thanks to YOU, people like Fabio Akita and companies like Locaweb who make this possible.
If you learn Shoes and Ruby programming, your programming life would become much more enjoyable!
Whoâ€™s It For?
You need some background in Core Ruby to make the most out of this course,
What Will I Learn?
The brief outline of this course is:
- Day 1: Installation
- Day 02-05: First Step (_why’s 16 sample programs and extra little challenges)
- Day 06-10: Riddles in Shoes (Code review)
- Day 11-14: Shoes Twitter Search (New exercise)
- Day 03-14: Shoes Gallery (introduce some nice apps or participant’s own code)
Course conducted by?
The course is conducted by Shoes Ninja – Satoshi Asakawa from Japan with 24×7 help from the assistant teachers, mentors and patrons at RubyLearning.
Early Bird Registration Discounts
- For the first 15 registrations, Course Fee: US$ 3 per participant
- For the next 25 registrations, Course Fee US$ 4 per participant
- After the first 40 registrations, Course Fee US$ 5 per participant
The course fee goes towards maintaining RubyLearning and helps provide quality content to you.
Looking for Sponsors
RubyLearning.org is looking for 4 course sponsors with 180×180 banners to be hosted on the course site. For details email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first three batches were a run-away success. So hurry, registrations have started.
This FAQ would help answer most of your queries.