10+ Ruby Rails companies in Pune, India
NOTE: In Aug. 2014, we have updated this list.
Are you looking out for companies in India, working in Ruby, Rails, Merb and / or Sinatra to out-source your projects? Here’s a list of companies in Pune, India working with Ruby and frameworks like Rails, Merb and Sinatra.
- BetterLabs (Contact Person: Vaibhav Domkundwar), is located in San Jose, USA and Pune, India. BetterLabs is an unique product incubation firm that works on early stage concepts to experiment, validate, and iterate on the concept to take it from idea to company. This incubation model allows startup founders to test their core concepts at drastically lower costs and in a short timeframe to evolve and iterate it to build early alpha and beta versions. It also empowers founders to take a proven and validated concept to investors when they are ready for raising their financing rounds. Their engagement model is based on cash and equity commitment and they are fully invested in the success of the startups. Most importantly, their core cross functional team approach empowers startup founders with a skilled team consisting of a product manager, an architect, a developer, a designer and a deployment team that addresses all the requirements for software startups. BetterLabs develops and incubates its own products in addition to working with startup founders. BetterLabs was one of the early adopter of Ruby and Rails and has an experienced Rails team that has developed complex web applications including SaaS marketing automation, community-driven social sites, real time web search and online rental search and discovery platform amongst others.
- Bohiyaanam Technology (P) Ltd. (Contact Person: Kalpesh C. Desai), provides solutions from an operational perspective. Bohiyaanam has provided integration, development, QA and professional services in the Telecom OSS/BSS domain. Bohiyaanam has carried out a broad range of projects over 90+ engagements for 20+ customers across 5 continents including 50+ multi-vendor interfaces development, 5 products development, 10+ product installations, 10+ acceptances by end customers, 10+ custom software packages development and 50+ training sessions. Bohiyaanam’s customers include reputed vendors and operators including Alcatel-Lucent, Amdocs, VodaFone, BSNL, MTNL, Etisalat, TeliaSonera and Saudi Telecom. Bohiyaanam has experience with a large spectrum of software technologies. Many of the telecom integration technologies are also useful for Web2.0 portal development. Bohiyaanam has developed portals with Indian language support, e.g., www.pravachanprakashan.org, www.madhusmitaji.org, www.jsgpunemetrocity.org, www.roochakkeboond.org.in. Bohiyaanam has used the Ruby on Rails (RoR) framework to develop the portal www.myehealthrecords.co.in. The challenges in the development included combining data from different tables into one form, scalable treatment for attachments of medical records and context sensitive links in forms for ease of navigation. Bohiyaanam also developed a Form Builder application to output RoR code for Patient Lab Tests. This makes the customer self-sufficient when there is a need to add more lab tests for a client. The product has been launched by the customer and development of several enhancements is in progress.
- e-Zest (Contact Person: Devendra Deshmukh), was established in 1998. e-Zest is an Outsourced product development company with dedicated competency center for OpenSource Technologies. e-Zest’s OpenSource competency center is focused on Web 2.0, RIA & Social applications development using OpenSource technologies like ROR, PHP & JEE. e-Zest’s Ruby on Rails team understands challenges faced by ISVs & startup entrepreneurs & help them to leverage power of Ruby on Rails to achieve speed in execution and control cost. e-Zest expert ROR team members are working on ROR from its nascent stage which is a long time and have overcome a great many technical and process challenges. e-Zest provide complete ROR technology strategy and product development solution including functionality due dilligence, prototype development, core product development and training. e-Zest specialize in ISVs and startups. Theyunderstand their every changing needs due to dynamic market expectations, and they thrive on enabling their businesses. e-Zest also implement and customise popular ROR based open source solutions at enterprises to ensure quick turnaround and agility. e-Zest OpenSource competency’s large number of clients span from United Nations to MIT Startup Pearl Media. e-Zest has strongs skills on Web 2.0, Ajax & Cloud computing. e-Zest is a member of various industry associations like NASSCOM, Indo-German Chamber of Commerce and MCCIA. It is a 100% export oriented unit (EOU) registered with the Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) and has two subsidiary offices viz. e-Zest (UK) Ltd. at London UK and e-Zest Inc. at Walnut Creek CA USA.
- Exotica Infotech (Contact Person: Ravindra Shelake), are a full-service oriented consultancy specializing in web development and consulting services, founded in Pune, India in the year 2007 by highly experienced software professionals. They offer full cycle custom software programming services, from product idea, offshore software development to outsourcing support and enhancement. As a result, clients are involved in all phases of the software development process – ensuring effective design and proactive project management. They are supported by a strong network of experienced directors, interviewing services, project managers, team leaders and developers – who all share a firm commitment to high service quality. They work extensively on open source technologies like Ruby and its frameworks (Rails, Merb, Sinatra, etc.), PHP, Joomla and Drupal.
- Josh Software Pvt. Ltd. (Contact Person: Gautam Rege), co-founded by Gautam Rege and Sethupathi Asokan in 2007, offers a new brand of solutions to the community. Having the core team with past experience in product companies, Josh offers unique web based product solutions using RoR in various industry sectors like Finance, Insurance, Medicine, IT and even the Ad industry. With a core strength of 15 people, the Josh team also has expertize in the core technologies like J2EE, .NET and C on Unix. The team has been passionately working in RoR for the past 2 years and has a rich set of satisfied clients with RoR deployments. Josh has started working on Merb as well, and takes all efforts to ensure that the leading web technologies are mastered. The Josh Mantra has been to couple the Josh software product development expertize with the clients domain knowledge to build world-class products.
- MangoSpring (Contact Person: Vishwa Malhotra), was founded in 2007, and offers group-centric communication technology that enables instant, intelligent, focused, one-to-one or multi-party discussions over web, desktop and mobile. These conversations securely connect website visitors, employees, partners or customers with the right people and persist as long as it makes sense. MangoSpring Group software is targeted towards companies in a variety of industries, including social networking, technology, media, content, interest communities & groups, eCommerce and financial services. MangoSpring’s worldwide headquarters is in Seattle, Washington and EMEA headquarters is in Pune, India. All of MangoSpring products are primarily built using RubyOnRails on the front-end and J2EE on the backend. For complete list of MangoSpring RubyOnRails based products, visit the MangoSpring website.
- Persistent Systems (Contact Person: Yashraj Bhawsar), was established in 1990 by Dr. Anand Deshpande. It is focused on Outsourced Product Development [OPD] only. Persistent has 170+ customers, 4000+ employees and they are in Pune, Nagpur, Goa and Hyderabad. In the last 5 years, they did 2000+ product releases. Recently Persistent got Nasscom Innovation Award 2008. Persistent is associated with academia and researchers. They have a research center at Indiana University in Bloomington, employees are working with IIT B on Research in Analytics, and are helping in Data handling for Washington University’s Cancer Research Center, IUCAA in Pune etc. Persistent is active in CSI, VLDB activities and conferences. Persistent’s execution model is Competency Center based. They are organized by domain and related expertise. Over the years, Persistent has developed Competency Centers [CC] in Telecom Devices, Life Sciences and Healthcare, Analytics, Storage, Security, and Virtualization to name a few. In this list is the recent addition of Ruby on Rails CC. With the advantages that ROR has, it was a compelling decision to set up a CC. Around 40+ engineers are working in this area with a primary domain focus of Collaboration Capabilities. They have developed a Social Networking and Community Portal Product in ROR which is a success and is live now. ROR CC has executed work in other domains like supply chain management, Ideas Management. The flexibility of ROR gave the competency an edge to work successfully in the areas of Cross Platform Integration. With REST based architecture, it’s easy for the Social Networking Product to be present in any other portal platform or consume other services/widgets etc. Recently the ROR CC got a change to work closely with India’s most sought -after business graduate school to manage their research ideas and are working on the collaboration platform.
Pragmatic Technology Solutions (Contact Person: Shabbir Merchant), are a dynamic and fast growing Ruby/Ruby on Rails Software Development, Consulting and Training Company based out of Pune, India. Here are some highlights of their company:
- They follow SCRUM agile method for software development and use Project Management, Version Control and Testing tools to produce quality product.
- They are on bleeding edge of development and use the latest release of Ruby, Rails, Plugins and Gems to create cutting-edge web applications.
- They also have conducted Ruby on Rails workshops and provide corporate training in Ruby on Rails.
The projects they have worked on:
SapnaSolutions (Contact Person: Anthony Hsiao), was co-founded by Nicholas Adams (UK), Anthony Hsiao (Germany) (both also from EnTrip.com) and Yann Le Gouic (France), and focuses on building Ruby on Rails applications. Relying on proven business models, we produce innovative technology solutions in consumer web and software-as-a-service domains, as well as Facebook and iPhone applications. Being a multi-lingual international team, we also provide offshore development services for startups from Europe. SapnaSolutions wants to attract the brightest and most interesting Rails developers from India and abroad, and unites like-minded web enthusiasts behind the idea that together, as a closely knit team, they can make history.
ThoughtWorks (Contact Person: Rajiv Mathew), employs some of the world’s leading Ruby developers and contributors to the Rails project. Although Ruby on Rails is relatively new on the scene, it is based on technologies and approaches that ThoughtWorks has used effectively with clients for many years. Our deep experience with custom software development gives us an accurate picture of when and where Ruby is a good fit and when it is not. Our ongoing project work with Ruby and Rails proves that Ruby excels in the following applications: Web 2.0 applications that make use of REST and/or AJAX designs; Small to medium web-based applications with aggressive time-to-market goals; Low-cost internal prototypes and pilot applications; Highly-targeted internal applications and utility programs; So-called “soft layer” APIs on hardened transactional systems; Build systems for complex enterprise systems. Ruby’s productivity can also result in early hi-fi prototypes that quickly allows for the exploration of new ideas. ThoughtWorks Pune also hosted the Ruby Fun Day, to have fun playing around with Ruby technology and Ruby On Rails. It was a great way to meet fellow Ruby enthusiasts and discuss new innovations in the Ruby world. The URL of that event is at http://www.thoughtworker.com/events/ruby-funday-pune
- They enjoy working on internet applications using Ruby on Rails with a clear focus on user experience, scalability and performance. They believe in the Ship It! model – ship early and often; gather feedback; repeat. They also believe in trying their best, and beyond that it’s alright to fail and to make mistakes.
If you have worked with any of these companies or with some company (in Pune) not listed here, please do comment about your experience with the company..
(Disclaimer: None of these companies has ever paid me anything and none requested this post.. just to be clear!)