This year, I would like to thank the following companies and rubyists.
- Yukihiro Matsumoto for inventing the Ruby programming language.
- Fabio Akita and Locaweb for their constant encouragement and positive support for RubyLearning.
- The Ruby community that helped RubyLearning win the Shorty Award in Education.
- Koz Masumitsu for starting RubyLearning in China.
- Jim Pryke who maintains all my sites on SliceHost.
- Satoshi Asakawa who teaches the Ruby Shoes and Metaprogramming courses on RubyLearning.
- Dave Lilley, Jeff Savin, Michael Kohl, Michael Uplawski, Peter Crawford and Victor Goff who mentor all the Ruby Newbies on RubyLearning.
- Book authors: Antonio Cangiano, Assaf Arkin, Dave Thomas, David Black, David Griffiths, Eldon Alameda, Jeremy McAnally, Noel Rappin, Paolo Perrotta, Peter Cooper, Rodrigo Urubatan and Steve Pugh.
- Rubyists: _why, Aaron Quint, Adam Keys, Adam Wiggins, Amanda Morin, Andrey Sitnik, Anthony Hsiao, Ashutosh Ambekar, Barry Hess, Benjamin Curtis, Blake Mizerany, Carl Lerche, Carlos Gabaldon, Charles Nutter, Chetan Mittal, Chris Strom, Chris Wanstrath, Corey Donohoe, Devendra Deshmukh, Gautam Rege, Graham Ashton, Gregory Brown, Ilya Grigorik, James Edward Gray II, Jeremy Evans, Josh Susser, Julio Javier Cicchelli, Kalpesh C. Desai, Karel Minarik, Kurt Shuster, Luke Francl, Michael Morin, Nick Adams, Nick Plante, Nishith Shah, Rajiv Mathew, Ravindra Shelake, Ryan Bates, Ryan Tomayko, Sachin Joshi, Saurabh Purnaye, Shabbir Merchant, Thibaut Barrere, Vaibhav Domkundwar, Vishwa Malhotra and Yashraj Bhawsar.
- Companies: 1st Easy Ltd., Addison-Wesley Professional, Apress Company, Blue Box Group, Chargify, BDDCasts, GitHub, Heroku, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Josh Software Pvt. Ltd., Manning Publications Co., No Starch Press, Novatec Editora, O’Reilly Media, Inc., Packt Publishing, ProjectLocker, Rails Kits, RailsPlayground, Railsware and The Pragmatic Bookshelf.
- Marsee Henon and Heather Fox who make all the Ruby-related books available to RubyLearning.
Note: In case I have missed out on someone, then I am completely responsible!
Who are you thankful for?
Who in the Ruby community are you thankful for this year? Why not drop a comment here and send a tweet to let them know?
Hat Tip: Wynn Netherland
Twitter Update: Thanks guys -