Here are some details on how the course works
Once the course starts, you can login and start with the lessons any day and time and post your queries in the forum under the relevant lessons. Someone shall always be there to answer them. Just to set the expectations correctly, there is no real-time ‘webcasting’.
- The Mentors shall give you URL’s of pages and sometimes some extra notes; you need to read through. Read the pre-class reading material at a convenient time of your choice – the dates mentioned are just for your guideline. While reading, please make a note of all your doubts, queries, questions, clarifications, comments about the lesson and after you have completed all the pages, post these on the forum under the relevant lesson. There could be some questions that relate to something that has not been mentioned or discussed by the mentors thus far; you could post the same too. Please remember that with every post, do mention the operating system of your computer.
- The mentor shall highlight the important points that you need to remember for that day’s session.
- There could be exercises every day. Please do them.
- Participate in the forum for asking and answering questions or starting discussions. Share knowledge, and exchange ideas among yourselves during the course period. Participants are strongly encouraged to post technical questions, interesting articles, tools, sample programs or anything that is relevant to the class / lesson. Please do not post a simple “Thank you” note or “Hello” message to the forum. Please be aware that these messages are considered noises by people subscribed to the forum.
Outline of Work Expectations:
- Most of the days, you will have exercises to solve. These are there to help you assimilate whatever you have learned till then.
- Some days may have some extra assignments / food for thought articles / programs
- Above all, do take part in the relevant forums. Past participants will confirm that they learned the best by active participation.
Some Commonly Asked Questions
Is there any specific time when I need to be online?
- Answer No. You need not be online at a specific time of the day.
Is it important for me to take part in the course forums?
- Answer YES. You must Participate in the forum(s) for asking and answering questions or starting discussions. Share knowledge, and exchange ideas among yourselves (participants) during the course period. Participants are strongly encouraged to post technical questions, interesting articles, tools, sample programs or anything that is relevant to the class / lesson. Past participants will confirm that they learned the best by active participation.
How much time do I need to spend online for a course, in a day?
- Answer This will vary from person to person. All depends upon your comfort level and the amount of time you want to spend on a particular lesson or task.
Is there any specific set time for feedback (e.g., any mentor responds to
me within 24 hours?)
- Answer Normally somebody should answer your query / question within 24 hours.
What happens if nobody answers my questions / queries?
- Answer Normally, that will not happen. In case you feel that your question / query is not answered, then please post the same in the thread – “Any UnAnswered Questions / Queries”.
What happens to the class (or forums) after a course is over? Can you keep
it open for a few more days so that students can complete and discuss too?
- Answer The course and its forum is open for a month after the last day of the course.
Posted by Satish Talim