Is Squarespace worth a try? Let’s discuss.
In the review will discuss what exactly Squarespace is and understand its pros and cons.
Millions of websites and e-commerce stores are proudly powered by Squarespace. They have an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, which is the best compared to all other website builders.
Let’s understand What makes Squarespace the best website builder.
Squarespace is a drag-and-drop website builder with integrated hosting. It is easy to use, multi-purpose website builder.
Squarespace can fulfill all the requirements, from personal projects to commercial projects. Squarespace is an excellent option for a wide array of website requirements.
Squarespace doesn’t have a free trial period or free package. You have to pay from day 1 to use the services. It has four different plans, below are their details:
- Personal – $14 per month
- Business – $23 per month
- Basic Commerce – $27 per month
- Advanced Commerce – $49 per month
Note: All these pricing are applicable when billed annually.
No doubt, Squarespace isn’t the cheapest website builder. But, with the features it offers, you can create a stunning, jaw-dropping website to grab your audience’s attention at the first glimpse.
Even the $14 personal plan is sufficient enough if you want to showcase your portfolio.
We won’t make it complex; we noticed that it is more aligned with creative individuals while trying the website builder. Squarespace is the best option for Artists, Photographers, Video editors, etc. Besides that, the Personal Plan, i.e., $14 per month, is explicitly designed for such individuals only.
Squarespace’s templates are mesmerizing. We can’t find any other website builder competing with Squarespace regarding template options.
Squarespace offers clean, minimal, modern, and well-designed 100+ templates. Once you have used Squarespace, it will be easy to find website builders for other websites.
Here are some of the most important characteristics of Squarespace Template:
- Optimized for All platforms: Squarespace templates are optimized for web and mobile devices. Each template element will automatically adjust itself as per the device resolution. Besides that, all the white spaces will be aligned automatically as well.
- Free to Preview and Edit: All the Squarespace templates are free to preview, and you can also edit them as per your website design. Once you figure out the perfect template for your website, you can use it. You don’t have to pay anything to try a template.
- Templates are graphic friendly: The appearance of each Squarespace template will be enhanced even with the use of default or basic graphics. All the templates are designed with such precision that a small image can elevate the website’s overall appearance; you don’t need to get custom-made graphics for your website if you don’t want to.
- Structured Layouts: You can drag and drop any element at any position in a template. In Squarespace templates, you a get defined position for different elements, and you can only place them at their designated positions.
Squarespace comes with tons of components and functionalities, but covering all won’t be possible in this review. To make the review short and simple, we will be covering the major components.
Squarespace allows you to create email campaigns for your users. But it’s not free; you have to pay an additional fee apart from your subscription fee.
However, we feel that Squarespace is better for email marketing. Even if you use some third-party Email Marketing tool, you have to pay. Besides that, you will be missing the seamless integration of different Squarespace features with your email.
You will have better control over Squarespace email campaigns, and you will get better-customized options.
In Squarespace, you can allow your visitors to book appointments, and they can also track their appointments. Besides that, you can also perform the following actions:
- Send Reminder Emails and SMS
- Regular Calendar Sync
- Gift Certificates
Appointment Scheduler is not included in the regular subscription plan. It needs to be bought separately.
Once you have subscribed to Squarespace, you get a Mobile App for iOS and Android devices to remotely manage your website. You can use the Mobile app for the following operations:
- Managing e-commerce orders
- Edit Website’s Content
- Analytics Check
On the Sqaurespace Admin panel, you will get an analytics dashboard. Through this dashboard, you can monitor your website’s overall performance. The analytics dashboard gathers data from different Squarespace components and previews them at the central console.
Using this dashboard, you can analyze your funnel’s performance, product trends, Newsletter subscriptions.
Sqaurespace offers a console to create contact forms in just a few clicks. It offers 19 different form fields and supports integration with Google docs and MailChimp. In Squarespace forms, you can’t set your submissions by default, and you have to connect it to a source.
Though Squarespace has tons of features in its package itself, but if you want to use an external third-party app on your website, you can choose from some of the best apps available in the Squarespace App store.
Usually, for eCommerce, there are more sophisticated website builders available. But, Square is a hybrid website builder that can be used as an eCommerce builder. It has all the basic options that you need for an eCommerce website.
You won’t get the eCommerce option in the $14 and $23 plans. You either have to opt for a $27 plan or a $49 plan to use the features.
If you are starting your business, it is suggested to opt for the $27 plan, but if you are planning to expand your different businesses, you must consider getting the $49 plan. With the $27 plan, you can start selling your products seamlessly.
There are other eCommerce website builders such as Shopify, but Squarespace is the most appropriate one when it comes to pricing.
When it comes to e-commerce features, Squarespace has the upper hand over other e-commerce builders such as Shopify and Wix. A few of the Squarespace eCommerce tools features are listed below:
- Subscriptions: You can sell subscription plans to your users apart from your products on your eCommerce website.
- Apple Pay Integration: One of the most important features that Squarespace offers. You can integrate Apple Pay into your e-commerce store.
- Free SSL Certificates: To increase the authenticity of your e-commerce store, Squarespace offers free SSL certificates for all domains.
- ShipSatons Integration: Squarespace is one of the few e-commerce website builders that offer ShipStation Integration.
- Digital Products: On Squarespace’s e-commerce store, you can also sell your digital Products and Services.
- Point of Sale: Recently, in 2019, sqaurespace introduced its Point of Sale System.
Overall, Squarespace offers more options than other site builders available.
Apart from Squarespace, if you want, you can have a look at the following Squarespace alternatives:
- Shopify: It is the most popular eCommerce site builder, but it has its demerits. You need to get familiar with Shopify to use it ideally. At the same time, Squarespace is much easier to use.
- Wix: It is one of the easiest to use builders, and it has a better editor than Sqaurespace, but it can be buggy at times. Check our review here.
- Godaddy: Sqaurespace offers more features than GoDaddy website builder. Godaddy is very builder, and it lacks in some of the features.
squarespace will be a great buy for you to build a website to grab your audience’s attention. Squarespace is most suitable for artists and photographers. It is a very stable website builder. Through Squarespace, you can also pick your desired hosting plan and domain name if required. Overall, it is a stop solution for the majority of the website-related requirements.
If you have used Squarespace earlier or are about to try it, let us know about your experience.